Laverton is located in the western suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the largest industrial areas in the region. The proposed site of the WTE facility is ideal – it is in an industrial area, which has a number of waste management and recycling facilities in close proximity.
The feedstocks to be used will be available from the local waste companies recycling facilities and council wastes that would normally be sent to landfills.
The outputs from the facility are bio-diesel, green electricity and biochar.This facility will produce not produce any greenhouse gases and will satisfy all environmental regulations.
Electricity 10.8MW (260MWh/day)
Syn-Diesel: 84,000 Litres / day (EN-590 Grade)
Char: 12 tons / day
Bioplant Laverton Project
Laverton, Victoria, Australia
Bioplant Limited Australia
Amount of Waste to be Processed
330 Tons of mixed MSW and Biomass per day.
The facility will comprise:
- Pre-treatment equipment designed to sort over 360 tons of waste per day.
- 6 x Bioplant 40 ton/day twin furnace pyrolysis modular hybrid plants (total of 240 tons/day).
- 12 x 1.1MW waste heat drive generators.
- Syngas cooling, cleaning and oil refining equipment.
- Buildings and site infrastructure, including connecting to the electricity grid.
This is equivalent to supplying power to 9,000 homes and saving over 150,000 tons of GHG emissions, which is equivalent to taking 30,000 cars off the road.
See Bioplant website CSR activities