Geelong is a port city located on Corio Bay and the Barwon River, approximately 75km from Melbourne. It is the second largest Victorian City with an estimated population of over 260,000.
The feedstocks to be used will be available from the local waste company recycling facilities and council wastes that would normally be sent to landfills. Also, significant woodchips and biomass waste are available in the region.
The outputs from the facility are bio-diesel, green electricity and biochar. This facility will not produce greenhouse gases and will satisfy all environmental regulations.
Electricity 10.8MW (260 MWh/day)
Syn-Diesel: 84,000 litres / day (EN-590 Grade)
Char: 12 tons / day
Bioplant Geelong Project
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Bioplant Limited Australia
Amount of Waste to be Processed
330 tons / day of mixed MSW and Biomass.
The Facility will comprise:
- Pre-treatment equipment designed sort over 360 tons/day of waste.
- 6 x Bioplant 40 tons/day twin furnace pyrolysis modular hybrid plants (total of 240 tons/day).
- 12 x 1.1MW waste heat drive generators.
- Syngas cooling, cleaning and oil refining equipment
- Buildings and site infrastructure, including connecting to the electricity grid.
This is equivalent to supplying power to 9,000 homes and saving over 150,000 Tons of GHG emissions, which is equivalent to taking 30,000 cars of the road.
See Bioplant website CSR activities